Hot Springs Village, Arkansas is a rare retirement discovery. Located in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains on 26,000 acres, it is truly a premier planned community.
The Village is the largest gated community in the United States with access only through one of the six gates. The staffed West gate is open 24 hours a day, the staffed East gate is open from 5:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., and the Balboa, Glazier Peau, Balearic/Danville Road, and Cortez gates are open only to residents who have computerized identification cards.
Government in the Village consists of a Property Owners Association (POA) which is directed by a general manager and a seven member Board of Directors. The POA is responsible for all the Village amenities including fire and police protection and a public works department that maintains roads, water and sewer and sanitation services for the Village.
|A Village Snapshot|
- Gated security, full police force and three fire
- Full water, sewer and sanitation services
- Over 20 miles of trails for hiking, walking or jogging
- 20 minutes from historic downtown Hot Springs
- Shopping at major malls in nearby Hot Springs and Little Rock
- Two outstanding school districts serving the Village
- World-renowned institutions of higher learning all within 50 miles
- Nine 18-hole golf courses and a nine hole course opened in the Fall of 2006
- Sixteen fabulous tennis courts with a new world class tennis complex
- Twelve lakes totaling over 2,000 acres
- Casual and fine dining
- Family Recreation Area and miniature golf with activities
- Over 200 clubs and organizations -- many with national affiliations
- Performing arts theatre that seats 650
- 45 minutes from Little Rock and the Little Rock National Airport
- Indoor and Outdoor Pools and Fitness Center
- RV Park
- Picnic Pavilions and beaches